FDAMH is an independent mental health charity serving Falkirk and District, established in 1981. We’ve grown a lot since then! Our mission is to promote mental wellbeing by providing a range of services and creating an environment in which we:
- Support individuals to recover from mental ill health by acknowledging that recovery is a unique voyage of self-discovery and personal growth;
- Prevent deterioration in mental wellbeing; and
- Provide support, education and training related to mental health to carers and across the local community.
Our Values and Vision
- We believe in enabling people to identify and work towards their personal goals.
- We treat one another with respect and value the contributions that come from individuals that we encounter.
- We are committed to being honest and transparent in all relationships.
Our vision is to be regarded as a centre of excellence at providing services, training and education in relation to mental wellbeing and contribute to the work of reducing the stigma and discrimination commonly associated with mental ill health.
FDAMH is a membership organisation managed by a Board of Directors that are elected by our membership. Board members come from all walks of life: professionals, carers and service users. People do not require to be members to use FDAMH’s services.
We have 26 members of staff and around 60 volunteers. Volunteers are central to FDAMH’s activities and contribute as befrienders, counsellors, providing administrative support and working with staff in several of our projects. Please see the volunteering page for further information.
FDAMH’s Scottish charity number is SC011889. FDAMH is also a Company limited by Guarantee, number SC151357.
Awards and Recognition
Winner of a GSK IMPACT Award 2016
If you require any information about FDAMH in an alternative format please get in touch with us.