Cost: £55 per person
This three-hour course is designed for healthcare professionals, local authority staff and third sector organisations who visit patients and clients in their own homes, as well as individuals who believe someone they know may be suffering from a hoarding disorder.
Hoarding can cause significant difficulties and it is an issue that many staff working with people in their homes come across and struggle with. A greater understanding of the condition and its complexities can help improve the outcomes for affected clients and their families.
The course covers:
- What hoarding disorder is
- The difference between collecting and hoarding
- The difference between hoarding and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- The characteristics of hoarding disorders
- Why people hoard
- Why hoarding disorders are problematic
- Obstacles to engaging with treatment
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance on completion.
Interested in attending this course? Email the FDAMH Training Academy team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01324 671600.