- Free, confidential one-to-one counselling for ages 16 years and over
- Sessions lasting 50 minutes, occurring once a week at the same time, normally for a duration of 8 weeks.
- Session times: Weekdays – 9am to 4pm (3pm on Fridays); Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 5pm-8pm.
- The service recognised by COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland) and works to its Code of Ethics and Practice.
Counselling is not always useful for everyone – in particular, those who suffer from severe and enduring mental illness may not be able to make best use of the short-term service we offer.
Fast Track Service
This service is available for clients who wish to pay for their counselling sessions. Clients will be offered counselling within 14 days for a fee of £35 per session. This removes people from our standard service, helping us to reduce waiting times for all our clients.
How To Make A Referral
- On our website (www.fdamh.org.uk) you can access a secure online referral form, or if you prefer you can print and return a pdf version of our referral form in the post to: Counselling Service, FDAMH, 173 Victoria Road, Falkirk, FK2 7AU
- Referrals may be made by health professionals, Social Work Departments, and any other statutory or voluntary organisations; clients may also self-refer by simply phoning us on 01324 671615.
- On receipt of the referral we will issue the client with an information pack, asking the client to complete and return some simple forms. Clients returning the required forms will be placed directly on our waiting list.
About Our Counsellors
Our team of volunteer qualified counsellors have undergone counselling training on established Diploma courses. All counsellors have supervision and support for their work.